These fragrant spiced nuts are a tasty standalone snack and they make memorable gifts, too! Toss them on a salad, add them to a charcuterie spread, or just set them out and watch them disappear. Whip up a batch for a gluten free, low-carb treat! Serve them with low-carb crackers for a delicious gluten-free, keto-friendly snack!
Adapted from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles by Susan Smith
Yield: 15 servings
- 3 c. mixed whole nuts -try 1 c. cashews, 1 c. pecans, and 1 c. almonds
- 2T or 1 oz. Red Pepper Mash Banner Butter (⅕ of a round)
- 2 T. coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 T. sugar (sub for 1-1/2 T erythritol for sugar free)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Place nuts in a heatproof bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Be watchful not to let it burn. Add rosemary and thyme and stir for about 1 minute (until fragrant). Remove pan from heat and stir in cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the butter mixture over the nuts and stir to coat. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and black pepper and gently stir.
- Transfer the spiced nuts to a baking pan with sides and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.