These crisp buttery low carb almond crackers are also gluten free, and keto friendly so you can have your cheese and crackers too! Balsamic Fig & Onion butter elevates the flavor for a real gourmet treat you can whip up with just a few ingredients. Eat them with a bit of your favorite cheese or build a charcuterie board with these red pepper and rosemary spiced nuts.
Adapted from This Mom’s Menu by Susan Smith
- 4 oz Balsamic Fig & Caramelized Onion Banner Butter (⅘ of a round)
- 1 egg white (carton egg white works just fine)
- 2 ¼ c almond flour
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cut butter into almond flour by hand.
- Add the egg white and a pinch of salt
- Mix until incorporated and a smooth dough forms.
- Roll out the dough to ⅛” thickness between two sheets of parchment paper (you may need to do this in a few batches)
- Transfer to a baking sheet and peel off the top parchment layer
- Score the dough with a small knife or pizza cutter to create your almond crackers and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crackers are lightly browned.
- Allow to cook before gently breaking them apart along the lines you’ve cut.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to a week at room temp, longer in the refrigerator.