This quick and easy pasta dish is a great weeknight dinner that really allows the citrus and the smoky flavor to shine!
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Bunch of asparagus, cut to 1 inch pieces.
6 tbsp Banner Butter Smoked Sea Salt Butter
1 lb angel hair pasta
1 shallot, minced
- Bring 12 cups of salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes (to al dente). Drain the cooking liquid, reserving a cup, and return pasta to pot.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Smoked Sea Salt Banner Butter and a half cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon, stir.
- Melt 2 tbsp of Smoked Sea Salt Banner butter and add shallot.
- Cook until transparent, then add asparagus. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine with pasta. Add remaining pasta water, parmesan, and lemon juice.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl and add the leaves of a sprig of fresh thyme to the pasta. Spin it up on your fork and enjoy!