Seared Scallops and risotto at home? Yes, please! Here’s a simple seafood dish that feels like something straight from a fancy restaurant. Christin Singh, from Christin Creative Co., will walk you though this easy process to create this decadent dish.
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Banner Butter (½ of a round)
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1-2 teaspoons Smoked Sea Salt Banner Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (add more to taste)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Scallops & Butter Sauce:
- Wash and prepare scallops. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
- In a nonstick skillet, add 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of Unsalted Banner Butter in a skillet.
- Make sure the skillet is very hot. Then add in scallops. Cook about 2 minutes on each side. Look for a golden brown edge to form about 1/4 of the way then flip. Internal temperature should be 130°F. Total cook time will vary based on the thickness of your scallops.
- Once cooked, remove scallops from the pan.
- Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of Pinot Grigio, cook on high for about 2 minutes.
- Add in red pepper flakes, chopped garlic, parsley and juice of 1/2 a lemon to skillet.
- Simmer on low for about 3 minutes and finish sauce with 3 more tablespoons of Unsalted butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil chicken stock to a simmer and keep on low heat.
- In a nonstick skillet, add olive oil and heat to medium.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add Arborio rice and lightly toast for 2 minutes. Continuously keep turning rice until toasty.
- Turn heat to low and add heated chicken stock 1/3rd at a time stirring until all stock is used and rice is cooked.
- Once all liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, 1-2 teaspoons of Smoked Sea Salt Butter.
- Finish with a drizzle of truffle oil and red pepper flakes, you can add more to taste.
- Prepare and clean broccoli florets
- Add into a nonstick skillet and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of water and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Turn heat to low and cover. Steam for 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted.
Serve scallops over risotto and drizzle with butter sauce. Serve cheesy broccoli on the side.