This sweet side dish comes together in a few simple steps and presents beautifully! Try it with our seasonal Honey Rosemary butter or Cinnamon Cardamom Ginger butter too!
By Tim Shelburn
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 pink lady apples
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Banner Butter, melted. 2 T = 1oz, so a mini butter will do the trick!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Jacobsen flake finishing salt
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Heat oven or grill to 400. If using a grill, make sure it’s indirect heat.
- Peel potatoes
- Use a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife to cut the potatoes and apple into thin slices, discarding the apple core.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss in apples and potatoes until everything is coated.
- Stack the potatoes and apples upright in a cast iron still or baking tray.
- Bake for one hour or until potatoes and apples begin to crisp on top.
Serve it stacked with pork tenderloin or as a side straight out of the skillet. Enjoy!