Guest recipe by Kenan Hill
Roasted Asparagus with Smoked Sea Salt Butter & Lemon
Serves 4 (side dish)
Roasting asparagus couldn’t be much easier, and a hot oven results in tender asparagus with crispy, roasted tips. The Smoked Sea Salt butter brings a smokiness that’s hard to otherwise achieve in a traditional oven, and the brightness and acidity of the lemon adds contrast to the smoked sea salt. Pair it with grilled fish or chicken, or use it as a topping for a salad. We have a quick video on YouTube that shows how easy this is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRa64rL_sg
1 lb fresh asparagus
3 Tbsp Smoked Sea Salt butter
½ fresh lemon
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large sheet tray with foil.
2. Trim woody ends off of asparagus. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on lined sheet tray.
3. Melt Smoked Sea Salt butter and pour over asparagus. Add black pepper and toss gently to coat.
4. Roast asparagus for 15-20 minutes or until tender and tips are browned. (This may take longer for thicker asparagus.)
5. Squeeze juice of ½ a lemon over roasted asparagus and adjust seasoning as necessary. (You can also add the fresh lemon zest if desired.) Serve immediately.