This quick cauliflower fried rice is a low carb option to the takeout favorite, and Red Pepper Mash really kicks up the flavor! This recipe comes together quickly and is easily adaptable to whichever veggies you have on hand. Make it in even less time, using frozen vegetables – we did! A simple swap for the soy sauce will make this gluten free cauliflower fried rice too. It will easily become a favorite, earning a spot in your weeknight dinner rotation.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower (or 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice, 10-12 oz ea.)
- 3 tablespoons (1.5oz) Red Pepper Mash (use Unsalted or Roasted Garlic for a more mild flavor)
- 1 large carrot, cubed, about ½ cup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 6 green onions, minced
- Chicken, beef, or tofu, cooked and sliced. We made this dish with stir fry beef, seasoned with garlic and ginger.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup peas
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated or powdered
PREP THE CAULIFLOWER: Before making cauliflower fried rice, you’ll need cauliflower “rice”. Wash and cut the cauliflower into big sections that can be shred using a large grater tossed in a food processor. The goal is to create a texture resembling grains of rice. Frozen riced cauliflower works well here too!
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large wok or skillet over medium low heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic and carrots and stir fry until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together soy sauce and sesame oil and set aside.
- Add the cauliflower, edamame, and additional vegetables* and soy sauce/sesame oil mixture to the pan, stirring regularly. Watch for the cauliflower to be cooked and soft, but not mushy. Frozen cauliflower will take a few minutes longer.
- Reduce heat and stir in cooked eggs and protein.
- Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions.
Check out these other recipes that include Red Pepper Mash!